Saturday, January 31, 2009

Why is finding a girl to marry so difficult?

Though I live a very happy and productive life, one thing eludes me. Some have accused me of being too picky, or not patient enough. Admittedly those accusations may contain a thread of truth, but are not the whole truth.
I seems like quite often there are girls that show interest to whom I just cannot return the favor, and it seems to happen in reverse to me quite often. I don't think that is abnormal, I am a little tired of the seemingly never-ending cycle of meeting new people, but never really developing anything lasting or profound with them.

Just think of it, the beginnings are always the most awkward, or mechanical parts of a relationship, that's where I seem to be stuck. Some may advise to be more patient, I am not sure what the solution is to my query?
The gospel has brought so much meaning and purpose to my life. I feel God's love for me, and know he wants me to succeed. I quite honestly do not know which direction to go, what I need to change, what should remain the same?

As I went home for Christmas and talked with old friends I had an interesting thing happen. AS I said that I was happy to some of my friends, they exclaimed "yeah, that's because you are single." Which made me laugh. Here I am a little unhappy because I am single, while my friends dream of there single days and remember them as happy ones.

thanks for hearing me vent

2 comments:

walkinourshoes said...

Hi Tyler,

I wish you could find the right girl, too. As for me, I love being married. More than that, I love being a Mommy. Your friends are crazy if they what to go back to the single life. You can vent on our blog anytime. I love to hear how you are doing.
We are hanging in there. Kylee is 18 months, on the 17th. Time flies one you have little ones. She is learning so much. Check out her blog. www.kyleeville.blogspot.com
Chat to you later.
Love, Koe

Summer said...

Tyler-
Glad to see you posting again on your blog. it is a fun way to keep up on eachother. I have been wanting to apoligize for my insensitive coment made on NEW YEARS regurding you being single. I have been feel bad about it. SORRY! I don't know what to tell you about the "what to change thing" It is one of those "different for everybody" things and noboby can really tell you. If you change yourself now because you think somthing is wrong you are not really being you. And that will not help things in the longterm usually. I think that you are doing what you are supposed to and our timeline is somtimes not the same as Heavenly Fathers. I thnk that he has great things in store for you and IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT. Being married is great. I do think of the single time like when I was in college but now I wish I could take my little family along to experience them with me. Keep Posting!
Love Summer